The purpose of the Chamber Member Employee Scholarship Program is to recognize an employee of a LA Metro Chamber member who has shown effort in advancing his or her education at the college level.
Scholarships of $1000 each will be awarded annually. The scholarships will be awarded directly to the recipient. One award will be made per individual, although the award may be divided to apply to two semesters of college work.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously won an Adult Scholarship from the Lewiston Auburn Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Be employed 20 or more hours by a member in good standing of the Lewiston Auburn Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Begin course(s) within 6 months of receiving award
- Be matriculated in college-level coursework applicable toward an Associates, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be at least 18 years old
- Scholarship application
- 250-300 word typewritten essay (see attached)
- Completed employer verification form
- Professional letter of reference/recommendation (more points will be given when the author is knowledgeable of the applicant’s professional work and/or collegiate work and speak to: motivation, financial need, aspirations, etc.)
- Unofficial transcript or letter of acceptance for upcoming semester
- Application MUST be complete to be considered!
The application and employer verification form must be received by May 5, 2017. Recipients will be notified by June 2, 2017 (Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail/e-mail.)