The purpose of the Chamber Member Employee Scholarship Program is to recognize an employee of a LA Metro Chamber member who has shown effort in advancing his or her education.
Scholarships of $1000 each will be awarded annually. The scholarships will be awarded directly to the recipient. One award will be made per individual, although the award may be divided to apply to two semesters of college work.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously won a Chamber Member Employee Scholarship from the Lewiston Auburn Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Be employed 20 or more hours by a member in good standing of the Lewiston Auburn Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Begin course(s) within 6 months of receiving award
- Be applying to or matriculated in college-level coursework applicable toward an Associates, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Be applying to or matriculated in a technical institute or certificate program
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be at least 18 years old
- If already matriculated, proof you are a student in good standing from the college you are attending
- Scholarship application
- 250-300 word processed essay (see attached)
- Completed employer verification form
- Professional letter of reference/recommendation (more points will be given when the author is knowledgeable of the applicant’s professional work and/or collegiate work and speak to: motivation, financial need, aspirations, etc.)
- Unofficial transcript or letter of acceptance for upcoming semester
- Application MUST be complete to be considered!
The application and employer verification form must be received by April 26, 2019.Recipients will be notified by May 31, 2019 (Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail/e-mail)