Fish Bones American Grill Hospitality Scholarship Application
- Application must be received by NOON on Monday, April 30, 2018 and include the following:
- Student’s high school transcript.
- Letters of reference, two letters should be from teachers or counselors.
- A typed letter of not more than 300 words describing your affiliation with the hospitality industry, why you are applying for this scholarship, and your career goals.
NOTE: All materials submitted will be held in strict confidence by the committee and become the property of the Fish Bones Hospitality Scholarship Fund and the Lewiston Auburn Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, Lewiston, Maine.
- Open to all students, traditional or non-traditional pursuing a career in the Hospitality, Travel Tourism, and Food Service Industry.
- Open to any secondary or post-secondary student pursuing a career in the Hospitality, Travel Tourism, and Food Service Industry.
- Student must maintain a full class semester of 12 credits, and;
- Student must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Awards will be disbursed after receipt of an official sealed transcript detailing the above mentioned criteria. Please mail transcript to L/A Metro Chamber of Commerce C/O Fish Bones Hospitality Scholarship Fund, 415 Lisbon Street, Lewiston, ME 04240. Deadline to receive transcripts is June 1st,2018
USE OF SCHOLARSHIP:
- May be used at any accredited college, university, or technical school providing training in Food Service and/or Food Service Management and Hospitality.
- Must be used within 12 months.
- May be used to defray tuition, supplies or room and board. The scholarship will be issued to the Institution.
- This scholarship is provided for one-time use only. No continued scholarship support for the student is stated or implied.
The Selection Committee will give consideration to the following criteria in making a final decision:
- Desire for career in Food Service Industry.
- Employment record and extracurricular activities.
- Need based on information obtained in application.
- Scholastic record.
Contact Erin@LAMetroChamber.com for more information
415 Lisbon St, Suite 1, Lewiston ME
Download the application by clicking here!